Hardware Design Engineer
Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Design Engineer to join our R&D team. In this role you will create high speed, highly performant designs and take these through the full NPI cycle into manufacturing. You will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to deliver new products and enhancements to our existing portfolio. The successful candidate will be experienced and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working on leading edge designs.
- Creating new high speed digital designs and/or modifying existing designs to support delivery of new product features as per specification.
- Designing for high speed Microprocessor, DDR, SRAM/SDRAM & FPGA.
- Taking designs through the NPI lifecycle to ensure manufacturability.
- Estimating and delivering to timescales based on an outline of the requirements.
- Support quality oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
- Learn the domain and hence appreciate the real life use cases of our product features.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Proven high speed, complex, schematic design experience –preferably with OrCAD.
- Experience of designing complex multi-layer PCBs.
- Ability to develop architectures from a product specification.
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial:
- VHDL design.
- Knowledge of FPGAs and high speed memory technologies.
- High speed serial I/O design to 25Gbit/s.
- Power and clocking distribution in a system.
- Knowledge of Ethernet packet structures and Telecoms Framing structures.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance and critical illness cover and personal Health Care Options.
To apply for this job, please send your CV with covering letter to email@example.com, and we'll be in touch.