Office Manager (Belfast)
Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
We are a growing and successful technology company based in Scotland with an office in Belfast and a worldwide global sales team. Due to the strategic growth of the businesses, we are immediately seeking an experienced Office Manager to be based in our Belfast office.
This role would be ideal for someone looking for flexible hours to manage a positive work/life balance (16-20 hours per week). Being a new role at Calnex, the successful candidate can work closely with the Belfast team and Calnex management to determine the best working pattern to suit the needs of themselves and the business.
This role is initially being advertised as a temporary position with the potential of becoming permanent based on how the role develops over the next 6 months and the suitability of the successful candidate to manage a productive, effective and successful office in our Belfast entity.
The Belfast team is a team of seven consisting of Engineering, Sales and Marketing staff. We’re also currently recruiting into the Engineering team.
Reporting to the HR and Business Administration Manager and supported locally by the Engineering Manager on site, you will have overall responsibility for the day to day running of the office:
This will include:
- Being the first point of contact for the Belfast office (reception duties).
- Supporting the Calnex Belfast team and managing all operational and administrative initiatives.
- Being responsible for all IT, Facilities and purchasing requirements for the Belfast team working closely with the Calnex Facilities and IT Manager.
- Process Improvement suggestions and action.
- Supporting the needs of the wider Calnex admin team where required and where time allows.
- Helping to drive the business forward with creativity and positivity.
Specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
- All purchasing associated with Calnex Belfast team.
- Visa and expense assistance.
- Facilities management including office supplies and maintenance requirements and an upcoming office move.
- Travel, accommodation and reservation requirements for Calnex Belfast team.
- Managing recruitment for the Belfast office.
You will have ideally have:
- A track record in an office based environment with experience of managing tasks and processes.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work, set up and continuously improve administrative systems and procedures.
- Proficient Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and internet navigation skills.
- Good problem solving and decision making ability; being able to analyse information appropriately in order to find best solutions and take a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commitment to results; committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
- A good understanding of how you can add value to the Belfast office.
- Professional and excellent communication skills and the ability to drive others to achieve your objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
And the ability to:
- Act on own initiative, deal with the unexpected and plan ahead.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Understand and respond to customer needs (internal and external) and exceed expectations where possible.
- Work co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicate information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Maintain a positive ‘can do’ attitude and can work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Meet tight and changing deadlines.
Calnex is an inclusive, supportive and growing company with a strong focus on employee engagement and wellbeing. We strive to provide a working environment that develops and challenges our employees.
The successful candidate will become part of a driven, hardworking and successful team in Belfast who will support them to become successful and add value in their new role.