Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include Software and Hardware Design Engineers and System Test Engineers. The teams work closely with Sales and Marketing, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware New Product Introduction (NPI) Engineer to join our R&D team. Reporting to the Hardware Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the successful transfer of NPI hardware designs from R&D to manufacturing, identifying and implementing solutions to increase the manufacturability and test coverage of hardware products. You will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to deliver new products and enhancements to our existing portfolio.
The successful candidate will be experienced and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working on leading edge designs.
- Working with the R&D teams, taking designs through the NPI lifecycle to ensure successful manufacturability and test.
- Identifying and implementing solutions to increase the test coverage of hardware designs.
- Ensure the requirements between R&D and manufacturing are defined and implemented.
- Debugging and solving issues at both a board and instrument level.
- Implementing design changes as a result of component supply chain issues.
- Estimating and delivering to timescales based on an outline of the requirements.
- Support quality oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Proven schematic design experience – preferably with OrCAD.
- Experience of developing test scripts using C/C++ or Python languages.
- Experience of designing multi-layer PCBs.
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial
- VHDL design.
- Knowledge of FPGA's.
- JTAG BSCAN test development.
- Proven experience of manufacturing and testing high density complex products.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance and critical illness cover and personal Health Care Options.
If you'd like to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply below, and we will be in touch.