Calnex is the world-leader in test and measurement solutions with over 350 customers in over 65 countries around the world. Based in Linlithgow, Scotland - Calnex is managed by a team with exceptional technological expertise. Our engine room is run by the best developers in the business. Our Engineering team in the UK works closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products. It truly is a team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make future success happen.
The Calnex instrumentation portfolio is underpinned by a powerful, proprietary platform technology that will, for the first time, enable equipment manufacturers, whatever their chosen technology, to fully validate performance and prove compliance with rigorous international standards – the key to unlocking their future sales pipeline.
We enjoy supportive, collaborative working relationships with all of our employees across the world in the UK, the USA, India, Malaysia, Mainland China and Hong Kong. An inclusive company that listens to our employees, Calnex promotes a fulfilling, positive and rewarding company culture. Take a look on our Website Careers Page to see what some of our employees say about life at Calnex
Our culture allows people to learn and develop in a supportive environment, providing a chance to develop your career in an innovative, experienced team where you can bring your skills and experience to drive our future success. Clear objectives will be set for each employee and they will be expected to take full ownership of the delivery of these. Strong teamwork skills are a critical requirement for this role as everyone will be expected to work together to achieve the company goals as well as their individual goals. Calnex is seeking individuals who are motivated by operating in a challenging, ever-changing environment, and who thrive on achieving their personal goals and those set for the team.
The new Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will report to the Business Development Director (BDD) located in Hong Kong.
Based in Shenzhen, China our FAE will be the primary technical interface to our partners and customers throughout southern China.
We expect that the FAE is seen as the industry expert in the China market with support from the wider Calnex team. They will feed the latest technology, industry and product information to the customers and collect feedback for improvement. The FAE will also interface with the HQ Business Development team and the Calnex Management team, helping to influence Calnex’s strategic direction in the medium-term.
A clear focus of the role will be to push for technical evaluations at customer sites and turn these into orders for Calnex.
The ideal candidate should have some knowledge of the following technologies:
- Network Synchronisation
- 3G, 4G, 5G Mobile Networks
The FAE will be heavily motivated to achieve the company goals. This motivation will come from a combination of:
- Being driven by the challenge of a growing company.
- Being recognised as the industry expert for Network Synchronisation and Wide-Area Network (WAN) Emulation.
- The thrill of a successful technical evaluation turning into a deal.
- Being driven by the need to solve customer issues and the reward of problem-solving.
- Being the channel for Calnex to learn better how our customers use our products and contributing to improving our products and solutions
- Successful execution of the role will be significant to the individual’s personal development and hence future career.
- Being open to lend a hand wherever effort is needed to help the team succeed.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for organising and conducting successful customer trials that lead to deals for Calnex. It is expected that there will be a significant (depends on location) amount of travel to visit identified and new customers.
- Act as the main technical support contact for the Business Development team for pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Be the main technical lead at customer meetings for demonstrations and questions.
- Provide input to or creation of outbound marketing collateral that is identified as being critical to the sales of the Calnex solutions.
Primary Aspects of this Role
- Identify customers, create opportunities, work deals with the Business Development team and close profitable orders to meet and exceed Calnex’s order target.
- Actively seek out evaluation opportunities at customer sites. This will involve working with the Business Development team to motivate them to arrange these meetings.
- Provide the technical support (in person or remotely) for customer trials and evaluations.
- Act as the first point of contact for customers for technical and application queries and ensure responses are sent in a timely manner.
- Develop the pre-sales and training plan with the BDD.
- Develop and contribute towards technical collateral (Application Notes, White Papers, Test Reports).
- Maintain a record/database of customers and contacts.
- Develop relationships with Calnex’s channel partners. Ensure the partners are trained to successfully sell Calnex’s solutions.
- Represent the company at promotional events e.g. exhibitions, trade-shows, conferences, seminars, etc. and organise associated Calnex presentational materials.
- Support sales meetings with customers.
- Input market and customer feedback into Calnex and be actively involved in development and roadmap discussions and decisions.
- Manage customer commitments – drive towards the objective of delivering what the customer needs by close interaction with the customers and agreeing aggressive and realistic targets with the Calnex Engineering team.
- The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English and Putonghua.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. The packages we are offering will be competitive and designed to ensure everyone is driven and rewarded for meeting and exceeding the company goals.
If you'd like to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply below, and we will be in touch.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office based working. This will be further explained at interview. Calnex are licensed to sponsor applicants under Tier 2 of the Points-Based System (Tier 2 –A Rating – General).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.