Calnex is a successful, innovative, electronics company that addresses market opportunities in expanding global telecommunications networks.
We develop leading edge test & measurement products that are used to verify the performance of network equipment and the network itself. We have a particular focus on high accuracy timing testing and network emulation and are recognised globally as experts in these areas. Our products are based on proprietary hardware platforms with software configurable personalities and off instrument analysis packages.
We are seeking an Applications/Support Engineer to join our product support team in Linlithgow. In this role you will work closely with our product design teams, become an expert on the use of our products, and provide first class technical solutions and support to our global customer base on one or more product lines. This is a highly varied role combining deep technical expertise with customer interaction. A degree of travel will be involved but will not be excessive.
- Being the ‘go to’ product expert on one or more Calnex product lines.
- Providing timely responses to product/technology questions from customers & Calnex sales team.
- Developing scripts to provide custom solutions for key customers.
- Working with the product design team to investigate issues and influence requirements.
- Building relationships with the Calnex sales team and sales partners by providing excellent support.
- Becoming an industry expert in Calnex’s areas of expertise as outlined above.
- Authoring technical marketing collateral such as Application Notes, White Papers, Test Reports.
- Supporting trade fairs, plug-fests and customer visits to promote Calnex products/expertise.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong willingness to learn the product and its application.
- Strong programming/scripting experience – Python preferred.
- A natural problem solver with excellent communication skills.
Experience in any of the following areas will also be highly beneficial
- Previous experience in direct technical interactions with customers.
- Knowledge of Networking, Ethernet packet structures and/or Telecoms Framing structures.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
A critical element of Calnex’s ethos is to be a company that people enjoy working for and with. Personality fit and a positive attitude to both fellow employees and all other people that may be encountered while the individual represents Calnex will be a key attribute of the successful candidate.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.