Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our developers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
Our R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for a C++ Linux Software Engineer to work on our network emulation products. This is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to grow their experience in highly performant software development. The successful candidate will enjoy working within small teams on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Contributing to the architecture, implementation and evolution of system software to keep it performant, scalable, flexible and maintainable as requirements evolve
- Estimating timescales based on an outline of the implementation and then developing and delivering quality software to those timescales
- Support quality-oriented activities necessary to deliver a product that will delight our customers
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science or an equivalent subject
- C++ programming experience
- Multithreaded programming experience
- Experience employing OO techniques
- C# (.NET core) programming experience
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate and think “outside the box”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a dynamic, multi-discipline team
- Demonstrated ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Experience in C++ in a Linux environment, using the GNU suite (gcc, gdb and automake)
- Python programming experience
- Network programming experience
- Real-time systems programming experience
- Lockless programming experience
- Building, configuring and maintaining the Linux OS
- Experience working in virtualized environments (cloud, hypervisor, docker)
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office-based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.