Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
The Financial Controller (FC) will report to the Group CFO and act as her number two on all finance workstreams for the Calnex Group, based in Linlithgow with an office in Belfast, as well as entities in USA and China plus employees in Hong Kong, Malaysia and India. The FC will be expected to be a strong team player with a proven track record of delivering results in all areas of finance.
The successful candidate will be experienced and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working in a leading edge technology company who pride themselves on their inclusive, innovative and supportive company culture.
- Work with the external finance team to hand over all finance reporting processes and bring them in-house.
- Assist the CFO with investor relations reporting and forecast reporting to shareholders.
- Monthly Group accounts preparation into set of Management accounts from Netsuite TB.
- Perform a detailed review, understanding and challenging the issues and factors affecting the performance, of the monthly and year to date Group performance to prior year and Budget.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly finance reports which is presented to non-financial business leaders by the CFO at the monthly management meeting and Board meetings.
- Understand, challenge and prepare commentary for monthly finance reports/Board packs.
- Production of weekly and fortnightly financial information for the Group.
- Continually revisit the form and content of all reports produced to improve quality, effectiveness, consistency and relevance.
- Produce short term forecasts for Group from the pipeline, order book and the order intake, liaising with the sales and operational teams.
- Oversee production of rolling fortnightly Group cashflow projections and funding requirements.
- Product & margin analysis, working capital, cost base, benchmarking, capex, large orders / contracts, inter- company transactions, new territories.
- Lead and work with Senior Management team in the production of the annual Budget and any reforecast.
- Work with the finance teams and other parts of the business to produce the required packs.
- Assist with the operational diligence review of the acquisition targets.
- Lead the financial integration of acquisitions.
- Work with acquisitions to bring them into the reporting framework.
Annual financial statements
- Prepare consolidated Group information for the audit files.
- Assist CFO in production of Consolidated Group statutory accounts.
- Work with the group auditors on signing off the annual accounts for UK companies.
- Strategic input.
- Prepare timely, accurate and appropriate analysis for the Group execs.
- Liaise with CFO and Group executives to explain / understand business issues, initiatives and trends.
- Work closely with the CFO, Head of the Audit Committee and Auditors to ensure adherence to accounting standards with good corporate governance standards maintained at all times.
- Establishment, interpretation, development and implementation of Group-wide accounting policies for main judgemental accounting areas eg revenue recognition, R&D capitalisation.
- Have working knowledge of taxation rules and R&D tax credits.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent academic qualifications.
- Accountancy qualification eg CA, CIMA, ACCA.
- Recent training in, and experience of, IFRS.
- Practical experience and theoretical knowledge of all aspects of consolidation and acquisition accounting.
- At least 3 years PQE.
- Display analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to contribute to, challenge and communicate with key executives eg CEO, CFO, Senior management team.
- Good verbal and written skillset.
- Highly organised with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- A clear and credible communication style.
- Can work to, and can influence others, to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong Excel and ERP experience.
- A willingness to travel and be attuned to international cultures.
- Culturally, candidates should feel comfortable operating in an informal environment and demonstrate the willingness to roll their sleeves up.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial:
- Although knowledge of the Telecommunications Test & Measurement industry is not critical, having experience in a Technology company would be advantageous. However, all candidates must demonstrate the intellect and curiosity to learn a new sector quickly.
If you'd like to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply below, and we will be in touch.