Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our developers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
Our R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for an Angular/C# Developer to work on our application software. The successful candidate will enjoy working within small teams on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, based either in Belfast or Linlithgow.
- Contributing to the implementation and evolution of system software to keep it performant, flexible and maintainable as requirements evolve
- Estimating timescales based on an outline of the implementation and then developing and delivering quality software to those timescales
- Support quality oriented activities necessary to deliver a product that will delight our customers
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science or an equivalent subject
- Angular programming experience
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Ability to innovate and think “outside the box”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a dynamic, multi-discipline team
- Demonstrated ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
Highly Desirable Skills:
- C#(.NET Core)programming experience
- Experience employing OO techniques
- Python programming experience
- C++ programming experience
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Experience working within a Linux environment
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
A critical element of Calnex’s ethos is to be a company that people enjoy working for and with. Personality fit and a positive attitude to both fellow employees and all other people that may be encountered while the individual represents Calnex will be a key attribute of the successful candidate.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office based working. This will be further explained at interview. Calnex are licensed to sponsor applicants under Tier 2 of the Points-Based System (Tier 2 –A Rating – General).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.