Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with Marketing and Sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our team. In this role you will perform a variety of tasks relating to the successful introduction to, and maintenance of, manufacturing of our highly complex product portfolio. You will work with both our product design and manufacturing Engineering teams to ensure we can deliver products to delight customers.
This is a broad role combining elements of complex problem solving, circuit design, testing and programming and will suit a graduate or recent graduate with an interest beyond pure design. The successful candidate will be able to deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working on leading edge designs.
- Working with both the R&D and manufacturing teams to ensure that new and legacy hardware products can be successfully manufactured.
- Debugging and solving issues at both discrete component and instrument level.
- Investigating component obsolescence and performing suitable design changes to address.
- Implementing programmable solutions to increase the testability of new and legacy hardware products.
- Support quality oriented activities to deliver a product that will delight our customers.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to Degree level in Electronics or equivalent subject.
- Excellent problem solving ability especially applied to debugging complex circuits.
- Schematic design and interpretation.
- Programming ability.
- Strong communication and ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team
- Detail orientated and driven to deliver in dynamic environment.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial
- Proven schematic design experience –preferably with OrCAD.
- Experience of designing PCBs.
- Knowledge of Ethernet packet structures and Telecoms Framing structures.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance and critical illness cover and personal Health Care Options.
A critical element of Calnex’s ethos is to be a company that people enjoy working for and with. Personality fit and a positive attitude to both fellow employees and all other people that may be encountered while the individual represents Calnex will be a key attribute of the successful candidate.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional or full time office based working. This role will be full time office based which will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor applicants under Tier 2 of the Points-Based System (Tier 2 –A Rating – General).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.