Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled, leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards with a particular focus on precise timing synchronisation.
Our developers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, fully functional products.
Our R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer who will help shape the future user experience of our latest products. The successful candidate will enjoy working on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Full lifecycle embedded software development from requirements analysis through development, integration and testing.
- Works closely with product owners to understand and refine high level system requirements into software features.
- Collaborates with hardware engineers and high level software developers to define system level interfaces and responsibilities.
- Estimates project timescales based on high level requirements and delivers to schedule.
- Develops high quality, maintainable and flexible solutions which have the capability to evolve along with the market requirements.
- Must develop a high level of proficiency in the product technology domain including an understanding the real world use cases.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Computer Science, Electronics or Software Engineering.
- At least 6 years embedded software development using C and C++.
- Able to decompose complex problems into smaller, more manageable, units.
- Deployment of applications and drivers onto an embedded Linux system.
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment where effective team communication is essential and change is embraced.
- Development of C++ software using re-usable and extensible Object Oriented design patterns.
- Debugging of system level issues and collaboration with other engineering disciplines to isolate the cause.
- Proven ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic environment according to the project demands.
- Ability to analyse hardware schematics and datasheets.
- Embedded system deployment using the YOCTO environment.
- Embedded software development on an ARM based SOC.
- GNU Toolchain, Xilinx Zynq SOC, I2C, SPI, TCP/IP, UDP, PTP.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
A critical element of Calnex’s ethos is to be a company that people enjoy working for and working with. Personality fit and a positive attitude to both fellow employees and all other people that may be encountered while the individual represents Calnex will be a key attribute of the successful candidate.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office-based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.