Calnex is a world-leader in test and measurement solutions, having secured and delivered orders from over 600 customer sites in 68 countries across the world. Based in Linlithgow, Scotland - Calnex is managed by a team with exceptional technological expertise. Our engine room is run by the best developers in the business. Our Engineering team in the UK works closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products. It truly is a team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We enjoy supportive, collaborative working relationships with all of our employees across the world in the UK, Americas, Canada, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong. An inclusive company that listens to our employees, Calnex promotes a fulfilling, positive and rewarding company culture. Take a look on our YouTube channel to see what some of our employees say about life at Calnex or read their blogs on our Careers Page.
At Calnex, we value our employees and want to create an employee experience where you can learn, share, develop your career and thrive. Our culture enables our employees to learn and develop in a supportive environment, providing a chance to develop your career in an innovative, experienced team where you can add your skills and experience to the mix to drive our future success!
Based in Bangalore our BDE will be actively working in accounts in North, East and West India alongside our partners. You will be our primary Business Development lead for the region.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The Business Development Executive (BDE) will be responsible for identifying potential customers and progressing deals for Calnex.
The role will also require input to or creation of outbound marketing collateral that is identified as being critical to the sales of the Calnex solutions.
The primary aspects of this role are:
- Identify customers, create opportunities, work deals with the regional Business Development team and close profitable orders to meet and exceed Calnex's order target.
- Update the sales Funnel on a regular basis to ensure the management team has good visibility on the regional quarterly and yearly funnel.
- Develop knowledge in Calnex’ s areas of expertise, namely Synchronisation in Packet Networks, IP and Data Networks.
- Should be proficient giving technical presentation in person or remotely to customers at all levels and partners.
- Understanding customer requirements and demonstrate how Calnex products can fulfil their requirements.
- Actively seek out product evaluation opportunities at customer sites.
- Provide the technical support (in person or remotely) for customer trials and evaluations.
- Develop the pre-sales and training plan with the regional Business Development Manager.
- Develop and contribute towards technical collateral (Application Notes, White Papers, Test Reports).
- Maintain a record/database of customers and contacts.
- Develop relationships with Calnex’s channel partners. Ensure the partners are trained to successfully sell Calnex’s solutions.
- Represent the company at promotional events e.g. exhibitions, trade-shows, conferences, seminars, etc. and organise associated Calnex presentational materials.
- Support sales meetings with customers.
- Input market and customer feedback into Calnex and be actively involved in development and roadmap discussions and decisions.
- Manage customer commitments – drive towards the objective of delivering what the customer needs by close interaction with the customers and agreeing aggressive and realistic targets with the Calnex Engineering team.
- Minimum 50% travel required with some International travel.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Indian Citizen with valid passport.
- The ideal candidate should have working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Network Synchronisation technologies such as IEEE1588, SyncE, NTP
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Business Development role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Pre-sales role in telecom or data networks.
- Knowledge of Computer network Computer networks will be added advantage.
- Should have at least Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Networking/Protocol knowledge. (CCNA or equivalent preferred)
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- The ability to build positive relationships to enable close technical and personal ties with our customers, creating an atmosphere for efficient issue resolution and an open door for exploring new opportunities for Calnex.
- Team player
- Independent - self-starter
- Adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements with prioritization skills.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our work and wellbeing benefits including virtual fitness and wellbeing classes, taking care of our employee’s mental and physical wellbeing. We also offer employees the chance to join our Share Purchase Plan.
Currently, our teams are all working remotely with limited travel due to lockdown. Post lockdown, travel within and, occasionally, out with India will be part of the role.