Calnex is a successful, innovative, electronics company that addresses test and measurement market opportunities in an expanding global telecommunications networks. We have established a position at the forefront of the test and measurement industry and, to date, have secured and delivered orders from over 600 customer sites in 68 countries across the world.
At Calnex, we enjoy supportive, collaborative working relationships with all of our employees across the world in the UK, Americas, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, Mainland China and Hong Kong. An inclusive company that listens to our employees, Calnex promotes a fulfilling, positive and rewarding company culture. Take a look on our YouTube channel to hear more about us or read our employee blogs on our Careers Page.
Based in our Linlithgow, Scotland headquarters, we have an exciting opportunity for an in-house Company Legal Assistant to join our expanding team, reporting to the Group CFO and liaising closely with our external legal advisers to provide an in-house legal support to the business.
Suitable candidates will have enthusiasm to develop their knowledge of all aspects of the legal, regulatory and compliance environment in which the business operates. This will enable them to support the executive management team advising on all legal matters relating to the business, applying a practical, pragmatic, commercial and, in some cases, risk management approach to all legal work.
This is a varied and dynamic role in a fast-growing, multinational company with an opportunity for progression to an
in-house Legal Counsel role as the company grows. The role involves liaising with colleagues throughout the Company, which has a global customer and distributor network and teams in North America, Europe and Asia.
The role is a broad role covering all legal areas in an AIM listed business including company secretarial, commercial contracts work, regulatory matters, ensuring policies and procedures remain compliant (e.g. Anti-bribery), providing legal support on potential acquisitions and liaising with various stakeholders across the business, including the Board and external advisors.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced, supportive, busy environment, and enjoy working in a leading edge technology company. Individuals with a positive attitude who are keen to help further develop their legal skills through practical application of their legal knowledge within a commercial environment are encouraged to apply.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of business legal requirements and guidelines and feedback to stakeholders, working with relevant heads of department to ensure compliance.
- Providing support for the delivery of timely and accurate company secretarial and corporate governance services.
- Processing contracts and legal documents through to execution.
- Supporting all aspects of the year end accounts process.
- Assist with FCA Compliance.
- Assisting with legal due diligence processes.
- Supporting Board and Committee pack production.
- Maintaining statutory books and legal filings, ensuring best practice.
- Liaising with Company legal advisors both in the UK and overseas.
- Liaising with Company Registrars.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Degree or equivalent experience in Scots Law.
- Solicitor qualified in Scotland 2-3 years PQE.
- Experience in legal work in a professional services / private company essential with experience in a similar in-house role desirable.
- Experience of commercial contracts.
- Experience of working in a general corporate advisory role.
- Microsoft 365 skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Confident in using video conferencing.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing demands.
- Understanding of business process in a global company beneficial.
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Legal experience in Company Secretarial would be a benefit.
- Experience with corporate transactions such as M&A.
- Ability to make balanced judgements and recommendations.
- Excellent organisational skills; proven ability to plan and prioritise tasks in a fast paced environment, working to deadlines.
- Self-starter, motivated and confident in dealing with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Able to problem solve and work closely within a small team to support business, team and personal objectives.
- Keen to learn new skills and upskill as the role evolves whilst learning 'on the job'.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong team working ethic.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan. Our benefits package has a large focus on employee financial, physical and mental health and wellbeing.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office based working. This will be further explained at interview.
If you'd like to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply.
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.