Calnex is a successful innovative test and measurement company that addresses market opportunities in expanding global telecommunications networks.
We develop leading edge test & measurement products with a particular focus on networks and networking equipment. We are known throughout the industry as experts in the area of timing and synchronisation. Our products are based on proprietary hardware platforms with software and we are embarking on development of virtual products for the growing cloud test market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our R&D team as a System Test Engineer. In this role you will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to develop and execute system level tests to qualify our virtual and physical network impairment emulation products for launch.
This role is particularly suited to an enthusiastic Test Engineer who has experience of test design, execution and automation within cloud environments.
- Creating and maintaining test environments with physical and virtual equipment
- Creating test plans from software and hardware product requirements
- Developing and documenting automated and manual test suites
- Executing system test cycles prior to product release
- ‘Customer centric’ testing encouraging a whole-team responsibility to product quality
- Recording test results and working with the design engineers to resolve issues
- Contributing to test methodologies and environments
- Educated to Degree level in a subject such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong willingness to learn the products and their application and experience of having done so for complex products before
- Setting up and testing in cloud environments
- Ability to develop and execute both manual and automated tests and their environments
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks or programming/scripting experience. Python is advantageous but a broad experience in programming is equally good.
- Inquisitive and detail orientated
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-discipline team and respond to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Packet based networking, OSI model, packet structures and Ethernet protocols
- Web UI testing over different browsers using technologies such as Selenium, XPath & CSS
- Web API protocols such as REST and HTTP protocol
- Continuous Integration e.g. Jenkins, GIT
- Knowledge of product development models such as waterfall and iterative development.
- Use of a Test Management Tool such as TestRail
- Defect reporting tools such as Bugzilla or JIRA
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office-based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.