Calnex Solutions is an established global leader in telecoms test and measurement. We design and manufacture innovative software enabled electronic test & measurement products that enable the roll out of compliant 5G mobile network technology. Our products are sold to a global customer base spanning over 65 countries.
Based in Linlithgow, Scotland - Calnex is managed by a team with exceptional technological expertise. Our engine room is run by the best developers in the business. Our Engineering team in the UK works closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products. It truly is a team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We enjoy supportive, collaborative working relationships with all of our employees across the world in the UK, Americas, Canada, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, Mainland China and Hong Kong. An inclusive company that listens to our employees, Calnex promotes a fulfilling, positive and rewarding company culture. Take a look on our Careers Page to see what some of our employees say about life at Calnex or read their blogs.
At Calnex, we value our employees and want to create an employee experience where you can learn, share, develop your career and thrive. Our culture enables our employees to learn and develop in a supportive environment, providing a chance to develop your career in an innovative, experienced team where you can add your skills and experience to the mix to drive our future success.
This role can be based at either of our UK offices in Linlithgow, Scotland or Belfast, Northern Ireland or fulfilled remotely from anywhere in EMEA.
Our FAE’s are the primary technical interface to our partners and customers throughout the EMEA region.
Key responsibilities of the role
- The ability to gain a thorough understanding of the Calnex product line and related technologies.
- Help our customers to prepare test configurations and resolve issues.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support, establishing a consultative relationship with both our partners and customers, which includes:
- product capability assessment.
- defining test requirements.
- lab configuration debug.
- training issues to resolution.
- Understand customer requirements and demonstrate how Calnex products can fulfil their requirements.
- Understand product specifications and applications for specific customers.
- Explore business opportunities and make marketing proposals.
- Supporting trade fairs, plug-fests and customer visits to promote Calnex products/expertise.
- 50% travel required
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience working with Ethernet Networks.
- Educated to Degree level in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong willingness to learn the product and its application.
- Programming/scripting experience – Python preferred.
- Previous experience in direct technical interactions with customers.
- A natural problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Ethernet network and/or Synchronisation testing.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- The ability to build positive relationships to enable close technical and personal ties with our customers, creating an atmosphere for efficient issue resolution and an open door for exploring new opportunities for Calnex.
- Independent - self-starter.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements with prioritisation skills.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries.
For UK based employees, our comprehensive benefits package includes profit sharing, a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare and the opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
For fully remote employees based outside of the UK, benefits will be tailored to local regional requirements, plus flexible working hours and holidays, profit sharing, access to our wellbeing classes and the opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home with some roles requiring some occasional office-based working. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.