Calnex is a successful, innovative, electronics company that addresses test and measurement market opportunities in expanding global telecommunications networks. We have established a position at the forefront of the test and measurement industry and, to date, have secured and delivered orders from over 600 customer sites in 68 countries across the world.
At Calnex, we design, produce and market test instrumentation and solutions for network synchronization and network emulation, enabling our customers to validate the performance of the critical infrastructure associated with the telecoms networks.
Based in our Linlithgow, Scotland headquarters, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager to join our expanding team, reporting to the VP Operations. This is a critical management role that requires collaborative production skills to ensure a repeatable and predictable delivery output is achieved across our product range to support customer satisfaction and the business objectives.
Calnex business consists of relatively low volume, high value, complex products involving leading-edge technologies. Our products are manufactured by a local contract manufacturer with whom we have a strong, strategic partnership. The Operations team consists of a small team of engineers, an order processing and order fulfilment team and additional technical capability that support the delivery of a variety of products to a world-wide customer base.
The level of business and the number of product lines has increased significantly over the past few years and with this comes the challenges of scale and the need for adapting existing operating practices and procedures.
The successful candidate would ideally be someone with:
- Experience of managing an operational team to fulfil new build, refurbishment, and repair orders from global customers for complex electronic products.
- Experience collaborating with a contract manufacturer to ensure timely supply of requirements to support positive outcomes.
- Experience coaching and developing an experienced team of engineers.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity planning, delivering improvements, developing products and processes.
- Ambition and potential to develop within the company to help shape the future operational direction of an innovative, leading-edge technology company.
- Providing leadership and management of an Operations team to provide:
- An effective manufacturing, support and order fulfilment function that meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Support for the New Product Introduction (NPI) programme ensuring that future products have a strong DFM consideration and processes are in place to ensure an effective transition from early prototypes to steady state production.
- Provision of a prototyping service to support the NPI programme.
- Provision of a product repair and refurbishment service to deliver our Customer Warranty and Support and rental programmes.
- Support the Sales team with the provision of demo products.
- Ownership of Health and Safety issues and practices ensuring compliance with appropriate statutory requirements within Production.
- Environmental compliance with appropriate statutory requirements on issues and practices within Production.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Operational experience at a management level within a company producing and supporting complex electronic products.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering Qualification at HND or Degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- Budget and cost control knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working with and managing a contract manufacturer.
- Experience of building and developing a successful team.
- Experienced Lean Practitioner.
- Change management.
Experience in any of the following specific areas will also be beneficial:
- Experience of import & export to countries out with the USA and European Union.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan. Our full benefits package has a large focus on employee financial, physical, and mental health and wellbeing.
We enjoy supportive, collaborative working relationships with all our employees across the world in the UK, Americas, India, Malaysia, Taiwan, Mainland China and Hong Kong. An inclusive company that listens to our employees, Calnex promotes a fulfilling, positive and rewarding company culture.
In the main, the Calnex team are currently working from home however the Production Manager role will require office-based working.
If you'd like to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, please apply.
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.