Calnex Solutions is an innovative and successful company that develops software-enabled leading edge test and measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
Our Engineers work in multi-discipline product development teams that include software and hardware design and system test Engineers. The teams work closely with marketing and sales, turning market and customer requirements into high quality, winning products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join our R&D team. In this role you will create the mechanical and industrial designs required for Calnex’s sophisticated electronics test products. You will work as part of our multi-discipline product design teams to deliver new products and enhancements to our existing portfolio.
The successful candidate will be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment, and enjoy working on leading edge designs.
- Responsible for the mechanical and industrial design aspects of the product in development, from initial design concepts through to the released product in manufacture.
- Ensuring that the developed product meets all design and customer requirements.
- Ensuring that all 3D/2D product design drawings and related documentation is accomplished within agreed project timescales and that designs are thoroughly documented.
- Actively participating in the New Product Introduction process involving the assembly and evaluation of prototype units and liaising with suppliers/manufacturers as appropriate.
- Providing on-going mechanical design support for newly developed products and the existing Calnex product family.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Educated to Degree level in Product Design/Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent subject.
- Expertise in using CAD software, for example Solidworks, Alibre, PTC Creo, or PTC Creo Elements/Direct, as a mechanical design tool. Capable of easily handling 3D modelling and 2D drafting processes.
- Solid knowledge and experience in sheet metal and machined part design.
- Experience of using CFD analysis tools (e.g. FloTHERM or equivalent) and thermal mock-ups to validate thermal design solutions would also be beneficial.
- Significant experience of electronics packaging and the mechanical aspects of PCB design and inter-connect technologies. A good awareness of EMC issues and requirements.
- An excellent knowledge of DFM and DFA processes and engineering principles.
- Expertise in Industrial Design. A good knowledge of Human Factors and Ergonomics as applied to hardware user interface design.
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in close collaboration with others in a multi-discipline team.
- Design detail focused and driven to deliver 'on time' in a dynamic environment.
Calnex rewards success and offers competitive salaries. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, flexible holidays, life assurance, critical illness cover, private healthcare, profit sharing and an opportunity to join the Calnex Employee Share Incentive Plan.
The Calnex team are currently in a phased return to office based working. In the new year, we hope to be working in a hybrid model, working from home 2 days per week and in the office 3 days per week. This will be further explained at interview.
Calnex are licensed to sponsor under the Skilled Worker Immigration route – (A-rating).
In consideration of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please be aware that by applying for a role in Calnex Solutions directly or via an intermediary you are giving permission for us to retain certain personal information for a period of up to two years. That information includes your CV, cover letter or any other correspondence relating to your application and any notes we may take at interview.